Corporate philanthropy for the health and vibrancy of Arizona
Making a difference for the health of Arizona is intrinsic to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (BCBSAZ), and has been since the day we opened our doors more than 80 years ago. It’s a value expressed through our service to and investment in community.
Through our corporate philanthropy program, we provide funding to strengthen and support organizations whose programs benefit the community and help create a healthier Arizona.
Programmatic support that has measurable impact is our primary focus in reviewing funding requests. We also invest in a select number of events each year.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, BCBSAZ is not accepting applications for event funding and will not be attending any public events through 2020. Our priority is to protect the health of our employees, so that they can continue serving our members, employer customers, and the community at large.
Programmatic Funding Requests
While we accept organizations’ funding requests on an ongoing basis, funding decisions are made one time per month. Please submit your request at least two months before funds are required.
Step 1: Confirm Eligibility
Organizations eligible for BCBSAZ funding are those that are based in Arizona and meet one of the following entity definitions:
- Organization is a 501(c)(3), (4), (6), or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- A recognized government entity: state, county, or city agency, including law enforcement or fire departments;
- Educational institution (must be accredited by the appropriate accrediting bodies); or
- A church or other faith-based organization with a proposed project that benefits the community at large (e.g., food pantries, clothing closets, food banks/food service, etc.).
BCBSAZ does not provide support for the following:
- Requests benefiting only one individual person;
- Organization or projects that discriminate against individuals based on age, race, gender, religion or sexual preference;
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns;
- Contests or pageants; or
- Third-party giving, including funds that are re-allocated to fiscally-sponsored organizations.
Step 2: Review the document checklist
BCBSAZ requires the following information to consider funding requests:
- Tax Determination Letter such as 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6)
- Board of Directors list (current)
If the request is for event funding, please also provide:
- Event marketing materials such as invitations, brochures, flyers, save-the-date announcements, sponsorship benefits, or proposal/project descriptions.
- Ad specifications (if applicable) for all funding levels. Please include ad size/dimensions and black/white or full color.
Step 3: Apply
BCBSAZ uses an online request platform. Click the “apply online” button to connect with the platform and submit your request.
Note: First-time users register as a “New Applicant.” Once registered, users may login using their selected user name and password.